Receive assistance to complete the application for naturalization.
Friday, December 6\ 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Centro de Información 1885 Lin Lor Lane Elgin, IL 60123
Questions? Call 847-695-9050 ext. 316
*Please note: A new USCIS proposal is being considered that would increase the fee for the N-400 naturalization application from $725 fee to $1,170 (including costs for biometric processing), and eliminate fee waivers.
Only the first twelve people will receive:
- A free legal consultation with an immigration counselor
- Free study materials to help you prepare for the test and interview
- You may be eligible to apply for a
- Fee waiver of $725
- Cost of $50 for processing and postage + $30 for fee waiver (if qualified)
You must bring the following documents to apply:
- Resident Card, Social Security Card and your Driver’s license or State ID.
- Dates of all travels outside the U.S. for the past 5 years
- A list of all your addresses for the past 5 years and of all your employers, dates and locations for the past 5 years.
- Your spouse’s name, date of birth, social security number and resident card number (if is applicable) OR date of naturalization (if is applicable).
- The date of marriage and divorce from previous marriages of you and your spouse (if is applicable). Bring a copy of your marriage certificate.
- The names, date of birth, and resident card number of your children and their addresses if they are not living with you (if applicable)
- If you had any ARRESTS, bring a certified court disposition.
- MALES: You will need to bring your Selective Service number and registration date (if you don’t know this information, call (847) 688-6888 or visit www.sss.gov.)
- Money order of $725 payable to: U.S.C.I.S. If you are 75 or older the money order is $640.
- Centro will charge a Fee of $50 for processing and postage.
You can obtain your citizenship if:
- You have been a lawful permanent resident for 4 years and 9 months, and you can read, speak, and write basic English. OR
- You have been a lawful permanent resident for 3 years and married to a U.S citizen for 3 years.
English is not necessary if:
- You have been a lawful permanent resident for 20 years and your age is 50 years or more. OR
- You have been a lawful permanent resident for 15 years and your age is 55 years or more. OR
- You have 20 years with the permanent resident and you are older then 65 years, you only have to study 25 questions. You will take the test in your native language